Type your text here
Type your text here
MSPA AP CERTIFIED SHOPPER MEMBERSHIP
To provide the MSPA-AP Certified Mystery Shoppers a platform to network, learn, and develop a skill set of best practices and ethics within the region that will help them further their reach.
VALUE BEING A MYSTERY SHOPPER:
If you are thinking of becoming a mystery shopper, several benefits are awaiting you. In addition to terrific hours, the convenience of taking a family vacation without asking the boss, and having more fun at any job than most people will ever dream of having, you will enjoy the potential for a decent income. Below are just a handful of detailed benefits for mystery shoppers.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Variety. Instead of sitting in the same old office and staring out the same old window every day, mystery shopping offers a literal change in scenery. If you would enjoy getting out of a career slump, mystery shopping may be the boost that you need.
• Income potential. Whether you want to participate in mystery shopping as a way to earn a few extra bucks or you want to turn it into a part or full-time career, the choice is yours. The more mystery shopping companies that you sign up with, the more income you may receive.
As is the case with anything, the reward(s) that you receive will largely be determined by your efforts.
Be in business for yourself. The fact is that you are the best boss that you will ever have. When you work for yourself as a mystery shopper, you are working on your schedule, according to your hours and have more control over your income.
BENEFITS OF SHOPPER MEMBERSHIP:
The shopper membership is one of the most comprehensive resources available to help independent shoppers learn about the industry and access opportunities. This category of membership is for the mutual benefit of both independent shoppers and MSPA members.
1. MSPA Shopper members are listed in the AP database and it is made available to MSPA Member companies.
2. MSPA Shopper members will have access to the MSPA Shoppers website page.
3. Receive the MSPA AP quarterly electronic shopper newsletter
4. Access to training opportunities at the special events organized for shopper members.
5. Access to educational resources and technical skills to improve mystery shopping skills.
6. Free entry to webinars specially organized for shopper members
7. Special rates for Shopper workshops and shopper conferences.
8. Special rates for shopper members attending the MSPA Annual Conferences.
9. Access to the Opportunity Board of the MSPA AP to find more assignments.
10. A MSPA-AP Shopper member has an edge over other shoppers as they come into the “Certified” shopper category.
1. What mystery shopping is and is not
ANS: Contrary to what you may have heard, mystery shopping is not a quick way to make a lot of money, nor is it a way to "get paid to shop." Mystery shopping is a serious enterprise intended to gather information about the customer experience in a specific environment. It requires time, attention, and effort. Mystery shoppers are in business for themselves; while they get paid for the work they do while posing as shoppers, they are not paid to shop; they are paid to gather data. In some cases, the shopper may be expected to purchase an item (or a meal, theatre ticket, etc.), in which cases the shopper is likely to also be reimbursed for that item, within the stipulations given by the shopping company when the shopper accepts an assignment. In every case, the shopper should strive to ensure he or she fully understands the scope of the shop, the anticipated time required, and the benefits, if any, that will result from doing the shop.
2. How do I Become a Shopper Member?
ANS: The MSPA Asia Pacific Shopper Membership is a free Membership that would be made available to you once you take the MSPA Asia Pacific Certification Course. To be applicable for the membership you would need to pass the certification course. For more information on the certification course, please refer to https://www.mspa-ap.org/en_GB/mspa-certification.html Please note, that the shopper certification program is chargeable.
3. I recently received an e-mail/text asking me if I want to be a mystery shopper. Is this a scam?
ANS: By signing up for the Shopper Membership with MSPA Asia Pacific, you are not registering to be a mystery shopper. You must still register with mystery shopping provider companies to be a mystery shopper. MSPA Asia Pacific does not hire shoppers directly. We connect you with our member companies who can post assignments online and we offer certification to increase your potential as a mystery shopper. Please note, that the membership is free and you only have to pay for the Certification Course.
You will not receive solicitous emails requesting personal information or promising payment for jobs that have not yet been completed. For a listing of all of the member companies, go to https://mspa-ap.org/en_GB/search-mspa-companies.html. If you have received correspondence from a company that does not appear on this listing, please proceed with caution as we are not affiliated with this company and do not have information concerning their business practices. If you've received correspondence from someone that seems like it could be a scam and they are claiming to be affiliated with a member company, further research the person's email domain and the member company's website.
4. How do I get an assignment?
ANS: MSPA Asia Pacific does not hire independent contractors directly. We connect you with our member companies who can post assignments online. We offer certification to increase your skills. The Shopper Membership comes free with the certification course. By joining the Shopper Membership Program of MSPA Asia Pacific, you are not registering with a company. You must still register with companies to get assignments.
5. Once I take the test and become a certified shopper, how do I notify the companies?
ANS: Email a scheduler (of the respective mystery shopping company) and let them know you are certified. They will need your e-mail address and your certification number to verify your status. Many companies have already added space on their shopper profile pages where you can go in and add your certification number yourself. Many systems have also added places for you to add your information.
6. What if I have already passed/qualified for the MSPA Americas/MSPA Europe Certification Test? Am I eligible for the MSPA – AP Certified Shopper Membership?
ANS: To be eligible for the MSPA AP Certified Shopper Membership, you are required to have taken and passed the MSPA – AP Certification Test. You must take the MSPA AP certification test, irrespective of whether you have taken the Americas or Europe test.
7. How does becoming a Certified Shopper Member benefit me? Does it assure more assignments?
ANS: Becoming a Certified Shopper Member makes your profile accessible to all the registered companies in the Asia Pacific Region. You will also have access to a job board where you can view jobs that have been posted by registered member companies. While MSPA – AP in no way guarantees that you will get the assignments, you will have an edge over the non-certified shoppers. It is the discretion of the MSPA – AP Registered Company on whether they would like to engage you for the assignment as per their requirements.
8. Does becoming a Certified Shopper Member ensure that I get paid on time?
ANS: Helping shoppers get their payments is not in the purview of the MSPA – AP. Payment terms & conditions are something that is agreed upon between the shopper and the companies that the shopper engages with. Also, payment depends on all criteria, instructions, etc. being followed by the shopper which is set by the companies. In case there is some ambiguity or breach of contracts between the shoppers and the companies, the same must be settled between the involved parties. MSPA – AP will not intervene in such situations.
CRITERIA FOR JOINING MSPA AP CERTIFIED SHOPPER MEMBERSHIP:
All MSPA-AP Shopper Members are certified shoppers by meeting the following requirements…
1) You must complete the Certified Shopper Membership Application Form
2) You must take and pass the MSPA Shopper Certification Test - click here to take the test
MSPA Asia Pacific is a trade association and does not hire independent contractors. You must still register with a company to become an independent shopper and to begin applying for engagements.
Mystery Shoppers Professionals Association – Asia Pacific is not responsible for any legal/official/payment-related matters between the Certified Shopper Members and Registered Mystery Shopping Companies. The Shoppers & Registered Companies would have to sort all issues as per their existing contracts/agreements.
SHOPPER MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM: